A person spends 1/3 of his life sleeping.
People will die if they don't sleep for five days.
Sleep, as a necessary process of life, is an important link for the body to recover, integrate and consolidate memory, and is an indispensable part of health.
According to the World Health Organization, 27% of people have sleep problems. The Global Sleep and Health Programme, sponsored by the International Mental Health Organization, launched a global campaign in 2001 to mark March 21 (the first day of spring) as "World Sleep Day".
Part 1: Sleep Mistakes]
Myth 1: Usually all night, weekend crazy sleep
Some people sometimes work overtime until early morning and have to get up at 6 or 7 o'clock the next day to go to work. They make up for it at home on weekends and sleep for more than ten hours to make up for their usual work. There are also some people who heard that 8 hours of sleep is enough today and 7 hours of sleep tomorrow. They are not sure how many hours of sleep is good, but in line with the principle of "adequate sleep is both beauty and beauty, just sleep it for more than ten hours.
Expert advice: ensure normal sleep time
There is no unified statement about the length of sleep time. It can be divided into long sleep type (about 8 hours) and short sleep type (about 6 hours). 4-10 hours belong to the normal range, mainly based on the next day. The energetic state after waking up is the standard.
Generally speaking, people aged 10-18 need at least 8 hours of sleep a day; people aged 18-50 need at least 7 hours of sleep a day; people aged 50-70 need 5-6 hours of sleep a day.
Especially for the elderly, the quality of sleep is not as good as that of young people, as long as it does not affect their health.
Myth 2: Keep quiet before going to bed and exercise less
Some people, when they have activities at night, will be too excited to sleep. Therefore, they think that they should keep quiet after dinner, and even refuse to participate in some normal low-level exercise, so they can't sleep before going to bed.
Expert advice: moderate exercise to promote sleep
Excessive exercise before going to bed will excite the brain and improve the quality of sleep. However, proper physical exercise can promote the secretion of excitatory substances in the brain, promote deep sleep, quickly relieve fatigue, and thus enter a virtuous circle. A little activity after dinner can help you sleep. Studies have found that light exercise such as jogging before going to bed can promote body temperature. Jogging stops when the body sweats slightly. At this time the body temperature began to drop. After going to bed, people will be very easy to enter a deep sleep, thereby improving the quality of sleep.
Misunderstanding 3: Sleeping on the bus and subway
Whether you take the subway or the bus, as long as you sit down, you will doze off. I think this way of sleeping will not affect your work or delay your sleep.
Expert advice: deep sleep makes people fully restored
Human sleep can be divided into two stages: "non-REM sleep" and "REM sleep". The former can be divided into two processes: "light sleep" and "deep sleep", which cycle many times during sleep. People only go through a few "deep sleep" processes during sleep to fully eliminate fatigue. However, sleeping in the car, napping, sleep, easy to be disturbed by various factors, shaking, light stimulation, sound influence, narrow space and so on are not easy to make people enter the "deep sleep" state, and in the "light sleep" state rest, can only make people can not get full recovery.
Misunderstanding 4: Sleep well "eat" to make up
Some people feel that sleep is not good, so they eat more ginseng, pilose antler and other supplements, which are not only beneficial to improve sleep quality, but also make up well. Even if you reduce sleep time appropriately, the problem is not big.
Expert advice: learn to sleep "meridian nap"
"Sleep is the first line of defense against disease," said William Dement, a professor of American medicine." He found that anyone who wakes up at 3 a.m. will have weakened immunity the next day, and the protective germ-killing cells in the blood will be reduced by 30%. Therefore, the proverb circulating in our country that "eating ginseng is better than sleeping five times" is quite reasonable. Traditional Chinese health studies advocate "meridian sleep". "Zi" is midnight, and "noon" is noon. The definition of sleep "child time" can nourish energy, and "noon time" is to conform to the development of yang.
Part 2: The Importance of Sleep]
The importance of sleep is reflected in the following aspects:
(1) Eliminate fatigue and restore physical strength: sleep is the main way to eliminate physical fatigue. During sleep, body temperature, heart rate, blood pressure drop, respiration and some endocrine decrease, which reduces the metabolic rate and recovers physical strength.
(2) protect the brain, restore energy: lack of sleep, long-term lack of sleep will lead to hallucinations. And adequate sleep, energetic, quick thinking, high efficiency. This is because the brain in the sleep state of oxygen consumption is greatly reduced, which is conducive to brain cells to store energy.
(3) Enhance immunity. Rehabilitation body: under normal circumstances, the human body can produce antibodies to various antigenic substances that invade, and remove them through immune response to protect human health. Sleep can enhance the body's ability to produce antibodies, thereby enhancing the body's resistance.
(4) to promote growth and development: children's growth and development can not be separated from sleep. For a long time after birth, the brain continues to develop, a process that relies on sleep. Because the growth hormone in the plasma during slow phase sleep can be maintained at a high level for several hours, children should be ensured adequate sleep to promote their growth and development.
(5) is conducive to skin beauty: in the process of sleep, skin surface secretion and removal process to strengthen, capillary blood circulation increased, accelerate the regeneration of the skin, so sleep is the guarantee of skin beauty.
Part III [Analysis of Sleeping Position]]
Good sleeping position can give health points, bad sleeping position will damage the body organs.
60% of people choose the supine sleeping position, which is also the best public sleeping position recommended by doctors.
Advantages: does not oppress the body organs.
Disadvantages: easy to cause the root of the tongue to fall, blocking breathing.
5% of people choose to lie prone and sleep on their stomach.
Advantages: It will feel safe when sleeping, which is helpful for the discharge of foreign bodies in the mouth; it is good for people with lumbar spine problems.
Disadvantages: oppression of the heart and lungs, affecting breathing.
Left lateral decubitus
Advantages: Mild oppression makes the heart function exercise, less susceptible to disease.
Disadvantages: oppression of the heart, stomach, especially for patients with stomach disease, acute liver disease, gallstones is not easy to use the left side.
Advantages: does not oppress the heart, sleep has a sense of stability.
Disadvantages: affect the right lung movement, not suitable for patients with emphysema.
Disadvantages: oppression of the heart, easily lead to insufficient blood supply; oppression of the lungs, breathing is not smooth when sleeping.
This sleeping position presses one side of the body for a long time, causing fatigue and causing feeling tired the next day.
Part 4-Proper Sleep]
To have high quality sleep, you must pay attention to the following factors;
1. Scientific and stable biological clock: go to bed and get up on time every day, and weekends are no exception. The biological clock will run on time, which is the most critical way to improve sleep quality.
2. Effects of body temperature and light waves: When the body temperature drops, sleepiness comes immediately. Loss of thermoregulation results in sleep disorders. A bath or 20 minutes of aerobic exercise before bed can help lower body temperature. When people are in noise, they get used to this environment for a long time, but it will reduce the time of deep sleep, so they should be avoided as much as possible.
The importance of mattresses-mattresses are closely related to sleep
Different from the traditional cognition, the mattress is not as thick as possible, but should be moderately soft and hard, otherwise it will affect the shoulders and arms, and seriously affect the health of the lumbar spine.
If the mattress is too hard, the waist and back are not balanced support, the spine can not maintain a normal arc, shoulders and hips will be squeezed. If the quality of the mattress is not good, the spring will deform, it will affect health, sleep deformation of the mattress will make people's spine bending, sleep for a long time will also affect blood circulation, make people tired and easy to get sick.